Monday, February 29, 2016

Wake up and smell the morning

I can hardly keep my eyes open today I had one of my not going to sleep nights so was up till midnight slept till 3:30 am and was up till 8 am then slept till 9:30 am so I have no idea how I am going to function today but I have to suck it up because I have to work in the co-op office today for 2 hours, think I will be taking some hot tea with me cause it is raining and cold out again, I am so ready for spring being that I have S.A.D. the winter is a very difficult time for me I fight my depression for the months and pray I make it through without to much struggle and I must say this year was the best winter I have had in about 4 years but even so I am biting at the bullet to get out in my garden and play. We have lived in the co-op for 14 years this summer and before living here I never had a garden, I have learned so much still have a long way to go but I am really liking what I have done so far, this year I want to add some color and I am also making a herb garden I can't wait. When we moved into the co-op our neighbor was a huge help for me she would come over and tell me over and over what kind of plant is that and what do I do to help it grow is it a weed or flower lol, this last year she passed away and I can't say how much I miss her and her hubby I think of them often, this will be the first summer without her help and advice or our special visits we had gossiping and telling secrets to each other but my hubby and I are planting a tree in our yard not just for her but for all our gone but not forgotten group, I'm not sure what kind of tree to get I want something that will stay small and not have a lot of scent I would love to plant one of those apple salad tree's that stay short and produce 3 or 4 different kinds of apples in one tree, I think I will try and get one of them at least being a small tree we can do the organic spraying our self and have wonderful fruit.I will see if I can post a couple pictures of my yard before and after,  later I will post the updates on what I will do this year....








The garbage pail is were I put all my weed's and rabbit poop and it cooks all year to be added the next year, there will be some changes done this year but it's coming along I think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment