Saturday, April 15, 2017

My life is not worth this stress

When we moved into our co-op I had no idea at all about all the rules and policies and for sure I had no idea  what kind of politics were going to be involved but I sure have my eyes open now and let me tell you I wish I could close them back up again. Because of privacy issues I can't write about it so all I can write is how it is affecting me. As most people who know anything about me have some idea how easy I fall into stress depression and anxiety, it's something I don't enjoy but have lived with for most of my life, so when I tell you that I am so stressed out that I am literately sick to my stomach I am not exaggerating. Today started off good I for the first time this season got to ride the lawn tractor and mowed the lawn, that was a blast, I forgot just how much fun that machine is, so I set out to do my job and then a ton of bricks of crap fell on me. You know when you have done something by the kindness and concern of your heart, something that no one asked you to do but you did for the protection of all involved and it back fires in your face, well that happened to me, this is not the first time this has happened to me, in the past I have done a few things that I thought were helpful and caring and unselfish and it has back fired on me, for example one of my friends was in the hospital giving birth to her son, I thought I would surprise her and I got some little bins for his dresser and put his socks in a bin in the drawer and his little booties in another, folded and got everything ready for her to come home to so everything would be right there and she didn't have to worry about finding things, I thought I was being a good friend and I did it with all the love and yes I was proud of myself to put myself out there and do something unselfish for someone and it blew up in my face, she got home and was mad because she misunderstood what I had done and thought my actions were saying that she wasn't a good mother because I didn't trust her to sort and fold her baby's clothes, I was devastated all I wanted was to show my love for her and her new son but I guess I overstepped myself, we of course talked about it years later and I explained my side and she felt so bad for thinking the worst of me but I also could see her side of it, well that is kind of what happened today not the same but the idea behind it is the same, and I am back to feeling reprimanded and made to feel like I overstepped and what I thought I was doing protecting our co-op was taken as if I was being secretive and breaking the rules. So here I sit feeling horrible and I have come to a decision and what I have decided makes me feel even worse but for the sake of my own self worth my health and anxiety I will be stepping down from certain parts of the co-op that I have very much enjoyed being a part of, as much as it hurts me to walk away I must do it. A huge part of me that I love about myself is the way I can give of myself to help others, I have so much joy in the act of helping and supporting others as much as I can, what I did I have thought about very hard and I still can't see how I was wrong if I had to do it all over I am fairly sure I would do the same thing again and maybe I am wrong maybe I should have just walked away and left all of us vulnerable to the possibility of some very bad things that could of happened but that is just not me, it's not who I want to be and if that is what is expected of me then I need to step away, I can't and will not accept that kid of behavior from me, I just couldn't live with myself.....      

No comments:

Post a Comment