Monday, April 10, 2017

The Story of My Rock

Good day I wanted to tell you all a story about my rock, it all started about 6 years ago, every winter I wear the same winter coat and every year I manage to forget about this small rock I have in my one pocket, so the first time I put my winter coat on and put my hands in the pockets I find this small rock, for years I have never known were this rock came from and for years I find it in my pocket and for some strange reason I never throw it away, so there it sits all through spring summer and fall hiding in it's spot waiting for winter to come and take it on a walk around town lol. So I have been telling a few people about this rock  and most people think just throw it away and some think I am crazier then a loon for keeping it but no one has owned up to putting it in my pocket. It's not a special rock well it's special to me but it's just a small brown rock that I carry around with me every year. So this year I went to put my jacket away for the season and checked on my rock and yup there it was all tucked in. I was talking to my neighbor about it and she said what does it look like and I said it looks like a rabbit turd and we laughed and laughed till I had to go get it and show her and at that very moment I remembered were the rock came from, many years ago when I first started to work for the rabbit rescue I met a lady who was running the rescue and had been doing so for many years, we have become the best of friends and have shared many laughs together, we were on our way to go clean the rabbit habitat and on the floor of her car was this rock and she said something like you have to keep this rock because it looks like rabbit poop and we laughed so hard and I put it in my pocket and there it has been for many years. What is so strange is I knew this silly rock had some meaning or reason I have kept it for so long but I couldn't remember why and all I had to to was tell my neighbor what it looked like and the memory hit me like a ton of bricks hahahahahaha so my little rock has gone back to it's pocket I thought about putting it in my purse but then I thought nope it belongs in my winter coat for on those cold and dark days I can reach in my pocket and smile and remember thanks to Maurie I now carry around a little rabbit turd rock hahahahahahaha.


So it's been a few days since I posted this story and for the last day I have had a very difficult time because of someone extremely rude causing so much turmoil were I live that I had to come back and read it again, I defiantly think this will be the go to story that will make me laugh and smile even if it's just for a while... 

No comments:

Post a Comment