Friday, December 23, 2016

Bunny Fun

It's been a long time since I have wrote about my bunny's so I thought I would grace my page with bunny fun. As some already know I have 3 bunny's living with us, they have been in the house this winter because of my health being so bad right now I can't go out in the cold to much and also we can't afford to heat there barn, so both them and the doves are in for the winter and so far things are going well. Kirk has always been the one who does all the binking around and showing off but since they have been in the house Sammy has taken over, it's so cute to see the smallest bunny being in charge, it doesn't help that he is a lion head so way to cute to be tough but he makes do. Last night he mounted Ricey was the first time I have ever seen him do that she of course she just ignored him and I told him to stop and for once he listened to me, all my bunny's are fixed so this action wasn't for mating it was to show dominance and if I catch it happening I put a stop to it right away and if it continues I usually hold the bunny till it gives in to my dominance and then we are all good to go, but since I only have 3 left I don't step in because they settle it themselves but I still clap and say no just to put my two cents in hahahahha. My neighbor went and got 3 straw bales for her chickens and then found out they weren't going to work for her set up so gave them to me, it's helped me so much I can clean the litter side of there cage every three days and no smell at all, thankfully Sammy trained the others to use the one box so saves me for cleaning. The only problem is I am having a bit of trouble with the hay and straw being in the house, I have had a cough since they came in and it's not just from them my health has been very weak in the past three months so I of course catch everything floating around, and then my hubby gets it and I start to feel better then I get it back from him and around and around we go, so it hasn't been a very good winter for me at all, I hate being sick for Xmas but I knew it was coming because my body was starting to shut down but I just keep fighting nothing else I can do, I can't take any other meds because of the pills I am on already, can't take a antihistamine to help about all I can do is take extra vitamins and drink a lot of juice and that is were the lack of funds come in so what can you do. Hot tea with honey seems to help so I think I will go fix some for me and head to bed the more rest I can get the better, at least I have started to sleep six hours straight and some times I can go back to bed an hour later and sleep a couple more so that has made a huge improvement, thank goodness because tomorrow is cleaning day for cages maybe I will wear a mask and see if that helps.....

No comments:

Post a Comment