Friday, January 21, 2011

Candy's life continues

I found out that Candy was a girl in a very painful way, when she was about 5 months old I needed to do some dishes so I went into the kitchen like always she came running right to me and I bent down to pet her and she bit my feet, I was like hey cut that out and put her in her bed, not more then 1 min after there she was at my feet biting me again, well I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong so I called my vet and explained what she was doing and the first thing my vet asked me was  is Candy a girl I said I have no idea I have never looked, how long has she been biting you she asks me,I tell her just today so then she say's okay a personal question, you wouldn't happen to be having your period? I said well as a matter of fact I am and kind of blushed and laughed, she told me to see how she is a day after my cycle and we will go from there. I wore shoes for a few days drove me crazy cause I am a bare footing person I hate my feet covered but low and behold the day after I stopped I went in the kitchen very timidly I had bare feet and all and she comes running over to great me and guess what no biting, tested her again on my next what I call THE CURSE lol and yup right away she bit me so off to the vet we went, yup a girl had her spayed that day. That was the longest day I had in a long time I was so scared something would happen but she made it through the operation and healed very fast, no more biting and I learned that female rabbit's that are not spayed have a high risk of cancer so I was so glad that I had it done for her sake and my feet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment