Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting better

It has been over a year now that the rabbit's have been gone, we never heard anything as to were they were but we still have people watching for them, and I still wish that some day I hear what happened just for closure but then I think maybe not knowing is for the best also. Maurie and I never stopped looking after any rabbit's that were trapped or surrendered it was hard at first I think our hearts were so broke at first that we did all the motions but weren't feeling much, but we had to keep on going there were other rabbit's that were dropped off or just let go that we had to trap and feed and care for and I am thankful for that because it made the healing a bit easier, Having my own rabbit's at home also was a huge help although I checked on them every hour at first and hugged them all so much I am sure I drove them nut's but they all made it through including me lol. Today we have about 35 rabbit's they are still all up for adoption, we try to ask people to adopt 2 rabbit's if they don't already have one because rabbit's behave much better with company and most of our rabbit's have a special friend they would want to go with them, but if you only want one we try to show the single rabbit's that rather be alone. Security is a huge part now for the rabbit's and us, we still have people that ask if they can volunteer some once others a few more times and that is a huge help, we had a lot of support from the community around us and even some stores have invited us to come and give advise about how to care for rabbit's, the best time for me is when we go to schools or daycare and show the kids how to care for them and why it isn't s good thing to get a rabbit for Easter or any other holiday because most of them end up at the rescue cause people are not fully prepared for them, it's a huge commitment to raise rabbit's but for me it is the most rewarding experience that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment