Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to my Bunny World

Hi I have always wanted to write a blog about my favorite hobby so here it goes. It all started over 10 years ago, was visiting a friends farm that had 2 bunny's that got out of there cage, it wasn't long after they got out that the female rabbit got caught by a dog and passed away, a few day's later my friend was walking around her yard and a tiny grey baby bunny came hoping out, they looked to see if there was any more were it came from but there was only one so they picked the baby up and put her in a cage with food and water. A couple day's later I got a phone call and they asked me if I wanted to take the bunny, I of course said yes being the rescuer that I  am so I went and picked her up and brought her home. As soon as I got home I was worried about my hubby and what he was going to say about this bunny in the kitchen he took one look and said awwww she is so cute you know I had a bunny when I was a kid lol I knew right then that she was staying so she needed a name I called her Candy because she was so sweet. Now at this point I had no idea what to do for this poor weak baby bunny so I called a vet and they suggested to come and get some kitten milk and feed her every 2 hours. So off I go to the vet's they gave me a bottle with a nipple but she would have nothing to do with that so I tried an eye dropper and it worked but took forever to feed so I went to the store and got a big syringe, worked much better. So for the first 2 day's I fed her every 2 hours with the milk and she had water and carrot's and hay in her bed at all times, as soon as I saw her drinking from a bowl I was so excited no more 2 hour feedings wahooo, ya um that lasted 1 day I was missing hand feeding her so much I started to feed once in the morning and just before bedtime the rest of the day she fended for herself. After about 6 day's she tried the carrot and started to chew on the hay I was so proud I called everyone lol. This was the beginning of a beautiful relationship I fell in love with her and I loved her so much that I decided she needed a bigger home lol, so I started to build. a larger cage out of wood not thinking about the smell from her pee this cage worked for about 3 months then I had to think of something better and so it began lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment