Monday, January 24, 2011

Disaster hit's

It was a usual night go to stalls and clean feed water give treats then off to home to sleep and get up to a wonderful day off or so I thought. Maurie calls me my hubby answers the phone and Say's to me you better talk to her she is very upset, so I grab the phone and my whole world hit the floor, she tells me there is a problem at the stalls can I come right away, I get to the stalls and Maurie is on the phone talking to the police her hubby is walking around in a daze and I have no idea what the hell is going on, Maurie gets of the phone and walks over to me and Say's the rabbit's are gone! I didn't understand so I started to go to all the doors at this time they were all wide open with the chains and locks on the ground, I look in one stall nothing then the next and nothing then it hits me they are all gone, I remember walking back to Maurie saying names of all the rabbit's I just kept saying no and then I lost it I went room to room and looked again thinking I had just missed something anything that would enplane what happened, I wanted to move stuff and look under it but we couldn't touch anything till the police came so I walked away from the stalls I didn't know were I was going just that I couldn't stand there and see all the stall doors open knowing they were all empty. I think I was in shock because Maurie was calling me and I could hear her but I couldn't answer at first then she caught up to me and walked me back to a chair, over and over I started to think of names, I used to say to Maurie how in earth do you remember all there names but after spending time with them and getting to know them and there different personality's it wasn't long before I had all 52 names down, oh sure I mixed up some of the all white girls but at least the names I called was in the same room lol. The police came took pictures talked to us said they were going to take prints but never did with all of us at one time or another moving all the stuff in the rooms I don't think it would of helped.They came very late at night with a huge truck and loaded them in, all of them in the same truck no cages no separate rooms for the ones that couldn't be with the others because of fighting, they didn't take any litter boxes or hay or feed just chucked them in the truck and drove away, they had used bolt cutters to cut the chains off the stalls to get in and then drove away, taking all 52 rabbit's including the special needs that will not survive without help. We were lost all of us couldn't eat or sleep all we wanted to do is go search for them but had no idea were to start. The worse part is that some of the rabbit's we had there were Maurie's personal pet's and some were sponsored rabbit's that the family's maybe were allergic so they would come and feed and bring treats and spend time with them, all these people who volunteered and donated and most of all loved them all had to be told what happened.We went to the news and paper and put up posters all over town, sent info to all the shelters around here, it would be easy to know if they were ours because they all had tattoos in there ears of VRR and then the first 3 letters of there name but nothing nobody knew anything they were just gone.....We had an idea of who might have taken them but could never prove it, there was this couple who made trouble for us because they didn't like the way things were done, did they volunteer to help or maybe show us what they thought could be done so we could maybe compromise no they just flipped there lips about shit they had no idea about and gave us no respect at all, for one thing they said the stalls were never clean, well I took that one to be personal to me and I was so fricken mad, who the hell do they think they are, did they come and watch me clean the stalls every second day for almost 3 hour, that's right I was there every second day and the day's I wasn't there either Maurie or another volunteer was there cleaning so the stalls got done every day, I worked my ass of cleaning and setting up toy's and hay bins and making sure that there beds were safe for them, and what do I get some group of people that had no love or care for rabbit's came in the middle of the night and stole our best friends, and for what to let them go some were to look after them selves or maybe they just killed them who knows all I know is a part of me died that day and it has taken months for me to not cry myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment