Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bunny fun

Today was hot how can I tell you ask well if you have own more then one rabbit you know that no matter what the temp is they will pile up together, so today I took some frozen water I keep in bottles and lay them in there water bowls for the birds and them and I had to laugh cause I went and looked in on them and all 3 are laying beside each other but surrounding the water bowls hahahahaha so you know it was a hot one. When it is this hot I exchange the bottles at least 2 times a day and also at about 3pm I go out and turn the water on and spray the roof and ground around the barn makes a big difference, I have had a lady in another property beside ours say to me I shouldn't be using the water for that but I said to her okay I will stop if you stop letting your kids run through the sprinkler for an hour during the day, you can guess she walked away in a huff lol, it's not like I am standing there and spraying for 10 min I just give it a fast spray and done, if it was to hot well let's face it the rabbit's don't care really but I worry when it gets to that point I bring them in the house for the day and let them out at night. I think back a few years ago when I had 21 rabbit's living on my porch for the winter lol we enclosed the porch and they had different heights of things to lay on and when I wanted to feed or give water all I had to do is open my living room window, they would even sit up on the ledge and peek in the window was way to funny, my hubby says to me I bet this is what fish feel like when people stare at them in there tank hahahahahaha. I will see if I have a picture brb,




The best thing about them being in my porch is I didn't have to drive anywhere to go clean there space, and the worst thing about having them home is I didn't have to drive somewhere to clean there space hahahahaha no but really it didn't take very long at all because we used a flooring so I could sweep it all up and huck it out the door lol. The best part is my neighbours dog who was a corgi her name was Candy just like my first bunny she would come and play with them, she was so good with them if they started to run and muck about she would place her paw on there head and lightly ruff and they would all settle down and come and lay all around her lol she had better control of them than I did.
I miss her so much she passed away almost 1 years ago in a fire we had here and not a day doesn't go by that I don't think about her because she was a huge part of my life, as soon as I went outside she would be at the gate and she would spend the day with me then when the kids got home from school she would go home, it was perfect I didn't have to pay for her food or upkeep just share in her love, I will never forget her well I will never forget any of my wonderful pets I have had, there are times I forget what there names were but I know what they looked like so I just go look at there pictures and the name comes. I have been helping with the Vernon Rabbit Rescue for a few years now at times it was really difficult work and I would get home have a shower put all my clothes in the washer because I couldn't just clean I had to visit with them all lol then I would have to have a nap after almost 4 hours of clean up but I wouldn't change the time and love I have had, for someone with depression and anxiety and also suffer from SAD the winter is very hard for me but having to make sure I got up and dressed everyday well some days I just put my sweats on over my pj's I mean I was in my own yard at this time lol, but everyday I had to go out to the porch and sweep check toys to make sure nothing got broke change the water and feed it gave me a purpose and I really needed that in my life because I was in a very dark place, so I can't say enough how grateful I am for meeting Maurie and working with her, it's been such a blessing when we first met I had no idea how much we would be in each others life, and even now for the past couple years we haven't had a bunny surrendered or had to trap any but we still get together not as often as I would like but that is because we go through a lot of the same problems but we do what we can do, at times I wish I had a scooter so when I felt like I could go visit I could just hop on a way I go, as embarrassing as I would feel with all my body sitting on a scooter I would endure it just to spend time with her. The book I wrote I should say we wrote because she started the story and I just added to it I guess that means if I make some cash selling it I might have to share hahahahaha but if I have any questions about something I want to put in the book I ask her and she almost always knows the answer, when a new rabbit came to be added to the stock I always let her do the job because I would be all nervous and my anxiety would hit the roof and she would take over and in no time had them all settled in, that's what 20 something years of experience can do. Well I think I will head to bed I am actually feeling tired tonight so hope to have a good sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment