Monday, March 7, 2016

It's an exciting day

Today I can hardly wait till my hubby gets home from work because I am hoping he says the income tax came in, it's supposed to be in I got a email telling me, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Every year we make plans for the check but this year my hubby decided that we are going to split the check between us, so I have a few plans for my amount, first thing first I am making an appointment for our cat with our vet and have her check up, then the next thing I am doing is going shopping, a friend of mine and I are going to make a large amount of meatballs, we love these they are the best I have ever had and it's so much better to make them together and share the cost plus we get to chat and visit at the same time so what a bonus for me cause I don't get very many visitors at my house except family and that is my fault, I tend to lock my life in the house and yard and besides my neighbors I don't reach out to many people to be honest I enjoy being alone and doing things myself most of the time, so all of my interacting with people is done on here and Facebook but this year I am going to try and reach out more it would be nice to share some time with a few friends again. One of my super special gifts to me will be a new computer, I haven't had a new computer in over 24 years so I am due for sure and the best part is a friend of mine is going to build me one so that will keep the cost down for me and leave me with more money for other things I need like cat food, rabbit food, bird food, cat litter oh man the list goes on and on lol. Dean is going to use part of his pay to get all the bills completely paid off so we have a fresh new year, we do that every year plus we put a bit extra, everything helps to get through the next year, and we can finally take the car in to get the muffler put on that has been in the back seat for at least a year hahahaha  I know we should have done it already but other bills just keep coming and I guess it wasn't a priority till now, while the car is getting that done I am going to have them check and see why our lower lights won't come on sometimes, I am pretty sure it's the arm switch so not sure how much that will be to fix but we will have to have it fixed because there is no way we can afford to get another car. We were so blessed to get our Honda my oldest brother gave us the car when they purchased a new one, was a surprise a wonderful surprise for us we had been without a car for a year because as Dean says to everyone I broke the car lol, I didn't it's just my luck to be driving it when a rod went through the motor lol, so when we got the Honda I was so excited it's been such a good car so we want to keep it going as long as it is still safe to drive. Driving has this year started to be very hard for me I haven't had an accident but I find myself getting stressed some times if there is a lot of cars on the road with me and letting Dean drive doesn't make it any easier actually it is worse because I swear he speeds up just before he breaks so every time we have to stop for a light I grab the dash and tense up,which gets on his nerves and the stress get's worse till all I can do is close my eyes and tell him wake me up when we get there hahahahaha. I haven't left Vernon for almost 5 years now because I am terrified to drive out of town, I don't know what happened to start me feeling that way I used to drive to Kelowna and Kamloops a lot in the past and had no problem well I did have some trouble like if I had to go out of town I always left early because I can't eat anything or I will be car sick so I always stopped in Winfield and grab something to eat and then I would wait till I could see Vernon's lights then I could eat, such a pain but I made it that way but now it's just to hard on me to even try, some of my friends and family say to me I should push myself to go just get in the car and go, I wish it was that simple fear is a terrible thing to live with and I hate it so much that it controls a large part of my life, I will not let it take over me I do push myself more and more every year to do things I would never have done for instance this last year I have started to write poems and I also wrote 2 books, my first book is called My Journey, it's my life and everything I have been through, I am very proud of myself for opening up my world to my family and a few select friends it was the hardest thing I have ever done, it was exhausting, scary, wonderful and terrifying to let people read it, I was completely honest about everything so I felt extremely vulnerable and I worried about what they would think of me after reading it but the support was amazing only one person has walked away after reading it and in hindsight I should have known that was going to happen but we live and learn and keep going so that is what I plan on doing. The second book I wrote is called A Tale of  Two Rabbit's  it is a children's book and I am in the process of having it published I will add a link later when it is available, and last but not least is this blog, I have wanted to do one for a long time and I am finding it very positive for me even if no one reads it I am enjoying myself so I think I will continue till that stops but I am hoping that will never happen, cause I like sharing my thoughts and idea's even if it's just to myself hahahahahaha.....   

No comments:

Post a Comment