Saturday, March 12, 2016

Office done for the day

Was a good day in the office today there was 3 of us so we got a lot of papers sorted, still have a huge amount to do but it's getting done, amazing how all the files have papers from when the Co-op was built to present day all over the place, I have been typing up the minutes from meetings and filing them I like that job well anything on the computer work I like. Okay I have a confession to make, I have been following a lady on you tube and last night I tried her homemade ice cream recipe, it's just whipping cream and carnation milk easy right, well it was very easy to make all right but it almost killed me after eating just a small bowl, for one thing it is way to rich for me and left a funny taste on my tongue, and I paid big time for eating it, had the runs for hours so ya won't be doing that again, I am going to try her frozen yogurt there is only three ingredients for that so should be okay for me. I have to be careful of things I eat because I have diverticular disease and a slight case of crones so I know I shouldn't eat some things but damn it sometimes you just want them lol. For many years I have been in and out of the hospital because of sever stomach cramps, they would do some tests and then give me some pain meds and send me home, basically saying it's all in my head, so for a few years now I have been writing down what I eat and how I react to what I eat, I had to cut a lot out of my diet and after I started to listen to my body things got better, then I ended up in the hospital Xmas of 2014, I was in so much pain, they did a CT scan again and put that fluid that makes you feel like you peed your pants lol well as soon as it went through me I felt no pain so they sent me home and said nothing showed on the test, then 3 day's before Xmas my doctor calls me and she needs to see me about my tests, that is when I found out I have divorticular disease and a small hernia and swelling of my spine oh and crones, well I don't know if I have crones for sure because I haven't had a scope done but she figures I have it and wants me to go for a scope but I so far have put it off. At Xmas what happened is I was missing my kid so my hubby got me some pomegranates for a treat cause that's what we always had for Xmas and that's what caused the blockage that got pushed through from the CT fluid, after talking to my new doctor and telling her that I have had this pain for years she looked back in my records to see what they said and about 20 years ago I had a CT scan done and they found it and no one told me, not the hospital or my old doctor so for all these years I have been eating the wrong foods and having flare ups because of it, I was so mad and pissed off I wanted to shoot all of them. So because I have kept track of what I was eating and how I reacted to it all the things my body was telling me not to eat are all the things on the list that someone with diverticular disease shouldn't eat, so my body knew what was going on just I had no clue I thought it was food allergy's, so in the last 2 years things have changed for what I eat, I had to add a lot of fiber and cut out some other things and I still cheat now and then and pay for it big time and swear I will never do it again till I do hahahaha  it's a huge life change for me and because I am a heavy person it's slow going but I am adjusting little by little, I just wish I would have known all these years what was going on but the past is the past and I have to just work on the future. I did do something I would have never done before and that is I started a running program that is called from the couch to 5k and I love it, I do it all on a rebounder so my knee's don't get hurt and I am taking my time, it's a 9 week program but I work my way up to 15 min jog then I go back to the start and start over so every time I start a new set I am getting a stronger jog so I am very proud about that, I had to take 4 months off because of a flare up and pneumonia but I am back on track starting on Monday and it's funny but I can't wait to begin again, no one especially me would ever think that I would enjoy it it will be slow beginning again but I don't care I just want to start.......

No comments:

Post a Comment